Lightning flashed, thunder crashed and Nathan Wiger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> whisper
ed:
| Under this proposal, string concatenation would be acheived by the
| *combination* of "" and +. So, in Perl 5 you would have something like
| this:
|
|    $string3 = $string1 . $string2;
|
| In Perl 6, you would do this like so:
|
|    $string3 = "$string1" + "$string2";

Once you go this route, you've pretty much destroyed the usefulness of
having a concat operator.  It is far less typing to do

       $string3 = "$string1$string2";

I've seen someone say something about concating a large list of scalars.
Can you imagine:

    $longstring = "$short" + "$another" + "$andathird" + "$andafourth" +
                "$onemore" + "$okanother" +"$wowlots" ....

Personally, my fingers got really tired of having to use the shift key for
all the quotes, the $, and the +.  Of course, I'd normally just write that
as

    $longstring = join('', $short, $another, ... , $wowlots);

-spp