On 9/26/18 3:12 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
I told you that. Others told you that. You ignored it and asked the same question again, because what we said that exlains what words() is doing doesn't fit how you've decided words() must work.

No amount of documentation can fix "I think the accelerator is the brake pedal, and if it's not then you broke it".

I don't mean to frustrate you.

I am trying to come up with an understandable method of
writing out the multi method that I can add constructive
comments to the documentation as an RFE, rather than just
grumbling at its obscurity.

I use words all the time.  I never would have figured it out
from

    multi method words(Str:D $input: $limit = Inf --> Positional)

Do your really think any beginner would be able to figure out
"words" from the above?

-T

Some of us actually do RTFM.