At 09:15 PM 9/10/2001 +0100, Simon Cozens wrote:
>FWIW, it's just dawned on me that if we want all of these things to be
>overloadable by PMCs, they need to have vtable entries. The PMC vtable
>is going to be considerably bigger than we anticipated.

Who the heck is going to override arctangent? (No, don't tell me, I don't
want to know)

For stuff like this I don't see a point in having a vtable entry for the
transcendentals. atan is atan is atan. (Now, having said that, someone's
going to define it for matrices or something wacky like that) At absolute
worst I can see having a single vtable entry that gets passed in a
"transcendental function number" or have the vtable be double-level for
these, where there's just a "pointer to transcendental functions table"
entry in the main vtable, so everyone shares the same table unless they
want to get really extreme.

                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk