Dan Sugalski wrote:
> Okay, I'm whipping together the "fancy math" section of the
> interpreter assembly language. I've got:
[...]
> Can anyone think of things I've forgotten? It's been a while
> since I've done numeric work.

I'm not sure where this belongs, but I'd really like to have
a usage model for some of the edges of arithmetic. For example,
it should be possible to enable/disable overflow and underflow
exceptions. Basically, Perl5 should be IEE754 compliant; and it
should support the (optional) traps. It would also nice to have
a saturation-on-overflow mode/type.

If you have this type of stuff for floats; it'd be consistant to
have it for integers, too.

Dave.