John> On 9/18/01 7:26 PM, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
>> I'd suggest you "Darwin" there to be sure you're thinking about
>> case-insensitive-32-char filenames

John> Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Darwin
John> even installs on file systems that support anything less than
John> 255 character file names (e.g. HFS).

My HFS+ drive held Darwin for at least a little while, and that's only
32-character, case-insensitive names.  Unless the Finder is hiding
something from me.