Larry> I think our terminology is getting sloppy here.  What do you mean by
Larry> "inherit from that method"?  If the derived method overrides the base
Larry> method, it will manage its own resources, and doesn't need the base
Larry> method's LAST.  If the derived method calls the base method, the LAST
Larry> of the base method will naturally come along for the ride.  If there is
Larry> no derived method, the base method also calls its own LAST as a matter
Larry> of course.  I don't see any problem here.

That's why I'm still puzzled about what it means to inherit PRE/POST
as well.

A block of code doesn't have a superclass.  What exactly are you
"inheriting from"?

If you call "super" from a method, surely the super will have its own
PRE/POST, and then there's no need to inherit it.  If you don't call
"super", how do you know the PRE/POST of a similar subroutine in a
superclass that you're completely overriding should even apply?

So, does it make any sense at all to talk about "inheriting" PRE/POST
as a separate act, other than the natural block start/end from calling
"super" at the right time?