On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 03:18:37PM +0200, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

> I'm currently committing the new splice vtable method for array classes.
> And finally, PMCs are currently only copied in, not cloned - I don't
> know, what is correct.

"clone" is a deep copy? whereas "copied" means that another reference to the
same object is stored?

If so, I'd say that if only one option is available, then it should be
copied. Because "cloning" sounds potentially expensive, and this way
splicing temporaries into an array wouldn't cause the creation of a clone,
only to destroy the original. [And something that does need a clone spliced
in can explicitly call a clone op, and then splice that in]

I'm not sure if having clone and copy variants of splice would be worth it.
[Mainly because I'm worried if we're going a bit far on the number of ops
we've got]

Nicholas Clark
--
Brainfuck better than perl?     http://www.perl.org/advocacy/spoofathon/