At 9:19 PM +0100 11/6/02, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
Summary of changes I did put in WRT this:
- interpreter startup code is reordered so that all PMCs/Buffers are in managed memory now.
- Long running programs using e.g. new interpreters on the fly would currently leak tons of memory.
- Debugging memory corruptions is a pain, when there is a lot of leaking memory
- freeing all used memory is a good measure against corrupted mem, so
- I implemented Parrot_destroy, which cleans up all internal data structures of an interpreter and frees all used mem.
Right, I understand. (And I really appreciate it--this was a hanging area that didn't get nearly the proper attention it needed) The bit I don't understand is the need for a hook into the process exit. Generally having explicit interpreter cleanup is OK, though if you've got a reason to not trust that I can be convinced otherwise.

For now, I think I'd rather leak, as it is definitely killing the tinderbox.

This is was I did say above, just put comments around above statement if tinderboxen are the concern.
Yeah, I think I'll do that for right now. What I'd like is a probe for this in configure. Oh, Brent.... :)
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk