At 1:47 PM -0500 11/6/02, Josh Wilmes wrote:
At 13:41 on 11/06/2002 EST, Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Well, I got bit this week by the on_exit stuff. I'm still not sure
 why we need this. Could someone please explain, so I don't have to
 yank it out?
Leo said:

 The on_exit/atexit is currently necessary to clean up behind exceptions.
 If you don't mind memory leaks after exceptions, remove the

 #define ATEXIT_DESTROY

 at the beginning of interpreter.c, until we have a config test for on_exit.

 atexit is not an alternative, because we might have multiple
 interpreters to clean up like in t/op/interp_2.
Right, I saw that, I just don't understand why. If it's in as a fix for the current busted state of exceptions, then we need to fix exceptions, I think.

For now, I think I'd rather leak, as it is definitely killing the tinderbox.

--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk