At 1:31 PM -0500 11/6/02, Josh Wilmes wrote:
At 7:58 on 11/06/2002 +0100, Leopold Toetsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Josh Wilmes wrote:

 > I agree.   However, the point is fairly moot..  If we're going to do a
 > Parrot_on_exit, it's just as easy to provide our own Parrot_exit and not
 > need atexit() either.. it's not like atexit() is giving us much at that
 > point.

 ... which would mean, that internal_exception needs an Parrot_interp*
 argument - which it will need anyway to do something useful finally.

Not necessarily...  I was thinking that Parrot_exit/Parrot_on_exit would
have the same signatures as their libc equivalents.   There should not be
a need to introduce an interpreter in Parrot_exit()..  It wouldn't hurt,
but I don't think it's particularly necessary, if each interpreter has
registered an on_exit handler..
Well, I got bit this week by the on_exit stuff. I'm still not sure why we need this. Could someone please explain, so I don't have to yank it out?
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk