"Nicholas Clark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 08:53:02PM -0800, chromatic wrote:
> > Brent Dax had a nice suggestion for Perl 6 test organization.  I like it
> > tremendously.
> >
> > I repost it here to solicit comments -- to make this work, I'll need to
change

> Did anyone comment on it? It seems a sane to me, and I certainly can't
suggest
> a better way to do it.

Yes, I did. I feel it is too complex for our current status: we are
currently talking about literals, and we only have about 2 files-worth of
tests so far. We could guess that the rest of the structure seems reasonable
... but given the problems with CVS when you want to change hierarchies, it
is best not to commit ourselves until we have something to put in all those
subdirs.

A problem that I do have with the structure is that I'm not sure exactly
where the literals tests will go -- I'm not even sure precisely how to
partition them. I currently see:

  numeric_literals.t
  string_literals.t

There may be no good reason to have these as two files. One might suffice
... or perhaps 3 is better (separate file for error cases?). Do they all
belong in a single subdir?

I prefer to work this type of thing bottom-up: but CVS can cause problems.
So its better to avoid commitment for as long as possible. I propose that
all we have so far is:

  t/scalar/literals

and perhaps insufficient files to justify the literals subdir.

Dave.