Note 1) This is the second time I'm typing this
Note 2) Ctrl-Shift-Capslock apparently closes all current instances of
mozilla ... that was weird

> I'm not even sure how that would parse, though that:
>       @keep <~ grep /good/ <~ @list ~> grep /bad!/ ~> @throw;
> would go like:
>       ( @keep <~ grep /good/ <~ @list ) ~> grep /bad!/ ~> @throw;
>
> which is probably not what i wanted...

I would, from the descriptions, imagine that:
  @keep <~ grep /good/ <~ @list ~> grep /bad!/ ~> @throw;

Would parse as:
  @keep <~ grep /good/ <~ @list;
  @list ~> grep /bad!/ ~> @throw;

Due to that being what is almost always going to be intended, I think.
Also, since we'd want $a <~ 2 + 4; to be $a = 6;, I would imagine that <~
and ~> would need low priorities.  Further, since <~ stars at the end of
the list and works its way left, it would need a lower priority than ~>
which starts at the beginning and works its way right.  So if it did have
a parenthetical variation, I would imagine it would be

  @keep <~ grep /good/ <~ (@list ~> grep /bad!/ ~> @throw);

Which is, still, probably not what you wanted.

OTOH, I'm still new at posting here, and I may not be following all the
bits that came before :o

--attriel