If memory serves me right, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> rather than attributes, but I may be incorrect here. Are the current
> python instance attributes both:
>
> *) defined per object rather than per class
> *) Essentially global, that is not hidden from parent classes or
> anything. (Basically one big pool 'o things attached to the object)

Speaking out of turn .... Python instance stuff is per Object ...
And from the looks of it's just a dictionary lookup in the
obj.__dict__ dictionary ... So the stuff looks essentially global.

eg.

class Foo:
        def __init__(self):
                pass
        def toString(self):
                return self.Name

class FooBar(Foo):
        def __init__(self,name):
                self.Name=name

a=FooBar("hello")
print a.toString()
------
hello

Gopal
PS: considering the fact that non-virtual functions are the only portion
    holding out the TreeCC Python plugin , I have had quite some heart burn
    with this. (or I need a switch statement :)