At 7:11 PM +0530 1/15/03, Gopal V wrote:
If memory serves me right, Dan Sugalski wrote:
 rather than attributes, but I may be incorrect here. Are the current
 python instance attributes both:

 *) defined per object rather than per class
 *) Essentially global, that is not hidden from parent classes or
 anything. (Basically one big pool 'o things attached to the object)
Speaking out of turn .... Python instance stuff is per Object ...
And from the looks of it's just a dictionary lookup in the
obj.__dict__ dictionary ... So the stuff looks essentially global.
In that case they'd correspond to our properties, and I can already feel a massive terminology disconnect looming. Maybe we should rename properties and attributes to frobs and thingies, just so there's no overlap. :(

At least getting to obj.__dict__ is simple enough, as we can map that to the property hash fetch opcode.
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
[EMAIL PROTECTED] have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk