"Damian Conway" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> Dave Whipp suggested:
>
> > The size constraints are probably C<but> properties, as is C<locked>.
The
> > exception behavior probably deserves to remain an C<is> property.
>
> Nope. They're all C<is> properties. C<but> properties only apply to
*values*.
> Variable such as Arrays always take C<is> properties.

This confuses me: I thought an array *is* a value. Sure, its a value that
holds other values: but an array is a run-time construct, which is not
(necessarily) lexically scoped, and which changes over time. Am I missing
something? Are you distinguishing between value-semantics and
reference-semantics? Are you saying that only scalars have C<but> properties
(i.e. an ArrayRef can, but an array can't)? My mental image is of variables
that provide access to values: variables are compile-time, and lexically
scoped: values are run-time, and (can be) dynamically scoped.

Dave.
--
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]; http://dave.whipp.name