Christopher Armstrong:
# One other thing to think about is resource limits. It'd be nice to not
# require `ulimit' or whatever system-specific resource limitation
# mechanism, but rather rely on the parrot interpreter to
# baby-sit. Also, it'd make catching these resource-limit violations
# much more convenient; an exception could be raised (or, e.g., the rate
# at which bytecodes are executed could be throttled), rather than
# simply rudely killing the process. For what I want to do, it's not
# really required, and it's not really relevant to the type of security
# we're discussing here, but it would still be very, very useful.

I don't see why Parrot couldn't do much of this.  It can certainly audit
allocations made through its own memory-allocation system, and with only
a little help from the system it should be able to audit its processor
usage as well (at least within Parrot bytecode).  I'm not sure about
disk space usage, but that's a pretty OS-level thing anyway.

--Brent Dax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
@roles=map {"Parrot $_"} qw(embedding regexen Configure)

>How do you "test" this 'God' to "prove" it is who it says it is?
"If you're God, you know exactly what it would take to convince me. Do
that."
    --Marc Fleury on alt.atheism