On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

> Attached is a minimum patch to build imcc as the parrot executable

> Please give it a try on other platforms, especially non Linux.

Sun's make failed with the following error:

    make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target `languages/imcc/*.o'

I guess it's because in the following segment of the Makefile,

$(IMCC_PROG) : $(LIBPARROT)        \
               languages/imcc/*.c \
               languages/imcc/*.h \
               languages/imcc/*.y \
               languages/imcc/*.l \
               languages/imcc/*.o
        cd languages/imcc && $(MAKE) && cd ../..

languages/imcc/*.o doesn't match anything since nothing's been built in
that directory yet.  I suspect it's best to have an IMCC_PROG target that
simply unconditionally does a cd to languages/imcc and calls $(MAKE).

Apart from that, it built fine and passed all tests with Sun's cc and
perl5.00503 on Solaris 8.

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]