Leopold Toetsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Clinton Pierce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Parrot is feature-frozen until Wednesday
>
> I must somehow have missed this announce.

Me too.

> But anyway, I'd like to have
> the IO-subsystem fixed, before a release is done.

Yes, but its a combination of IO-subsystem/Memory-Managment. The
IO-subsystem is just a very good trigger for this kind of problems
because its the first PMC that uses timely destruction.

> Are there any patches under construction currently?

At the moment I have just a patch under construction to remove the
INTVAL Filehandles like print I0, P0. Don't know if we want to keep
this ops around for the next release.

> I think, putting the IO PMCs into the ParrotIOTable would do it for now.

I tried something like this in the first versions of my ParrotIO->PMC
transition. It turn out that the memory system is not initialized when
the IO-system opens its file-descriptors. So I used a PIO_F_SHARED
hack to prevent the standard ios from getting closed. Maybe its better
to just change the initialisation of the memory system before the
IO-system, but this might have impact on the whole memory subsystem.

It turns out that memory and the IO-system are much more coupled than
it first seems.

bye
boe
--
Juergen Boemmels                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fachbereich Physik                      Tel: ++49-(0)631-205-2817