> > One of my questions is, why do you make so many PerlNums when there
> > isn't a trace of a floating point number to be found...?
>
> Because I didn't read the docs that said PerlNum means "float". :)
> I'll switch it to PerlInt (or maybe int?) later...

Yeah, all your auxillary data; i.e. the flags you check for control
flow, &c. should be int registers.  Python ints should still probably
be pmcs.

> It's also using far more temporary variables than it needs.  >Right
> now I'm thinking that no matter how complicated the expression, it
> really only needs two extra registers: the result and a temporary
> variable, because all the operators are either unary or binary... I
> might try that after I get functions and classes working.

Indeed.  Functionality is the most important thing at the moment; we
can worry about speed later.

You mind submitting a patch to put this in the languages/pirate
directory of the parrot distro?  I'd like to stay up to date, and
probably do some work (as, I imagine, would others).

Luke