At 10:28 PM -0500 12/1/03, Melvin Smith wrote:

2) printf/sprintf - we do need it (and implemented in C) since it is a staple and is the
reasonable hook for HLL implementors to do interpolation without having
to write a special native method or PMC for each language.

Okay, once I get the object stuff finished I think this is the next thing to tackle. The one question is whether we should make the lead-in character for sequences settable at runtime, as not all languages will want to use % for interpolation. (I am, however, perfectly fine with choosing something otherwise unused and forcing languages to translate from their exposed form to our internal form)
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk