At 5:38 PM +0000 11/27/03, Pete Lomax wrote:
On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:52:10 -0500, Melvin Smith
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

At 12:02 PM 11/27/2003 +0000, Pete Lomax wrote:
Perl6 already does interpolation without special support from IMCC.

That's nice for it. Where do I go crib from?

?

-Melvin

I'll rephrase. Is there anything knocking about which would help with
eg:
printf (pFile, "Amount %12.3f [%-10.10s]\n",balance,name);

Or do I have to rip the string apart character-by-character, then
throw all my variables about in registers, cutting, chopping and
padding them into shape, and then dumping them in iddy little bits?

Depends entirely on two things:

1) Whether we want printf-style functionality as part of the core
2) Whether you want to use it

I think the answer to #1 is a big yes. You can answer #2 as you need. :)
--
                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk