At 6:03 PM +0000 3/3/04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> What I'm thinking we may want to do is provide a minimal
 interface--turn the time integer into a string rep or split out into
 an array, something like:

      localtime Sx, Iy
      gmtime Sx, Iy

You almost have to provide at least these, as you have to deal with how various OS's handle the hardware clock. Windows insists that the hardware clock be set to localtime, Solaris and most U*x's insist that it be set to GMT, while Linus supports setting it to either. This also means that the simple second-sense-epoc time() may not be so simple after all.

Gah. OK, I'm about to declare that the time op *always* returns time as GMT, though without specifying an epoch, unless someone's got a good reason not to. That takes at least one variable out of the problem.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk