Brent "Dax" Royal-Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> F<t/pmc/freeze.t> doesn't test freezing and thawing strings or floats.
> Is this because the functionality hasn't been implemented yet?

Exactly. Sould be simple though. Please have a look at
classes/perlint.pmc (or such) that implement the freeze/thaw vtables.

> If it's just some busywork, such as copying some code into PerlString
> and tweaking it, I can probably do it, but I've been out of the loop for
> a while, so anything particularly involved is likely beyond me.

The interfaces are all there. It *should* just be:
- cut'n paste code from perlint
- s/_integer/_string/ for (push, shift) and s/int_val/str_val/

For debugging you could set FREEZE_ASCII in pmc_freeze.c albeit its not
saving the whole information.

leo