Leopold Toetsch wrote:
If it's just some busywork, such as copying some code into PerlString
and tweaking it, I can probably do it, but I've been out of the loop for
a while, so anything particularly involved is likely beyond me.

The interfaces are all there. It *should* just be: - cut'n paste code from perlint - s/_integer/_string/ for (push, shift) and s/int_val/str_val/

It was. I've committed it, along with a test for it. All tests pass on Debian.

I also tried to add freeze and thaw to PerlNum (as long as I was
screwing around in that bit of the code), but the linker wasn't very
happy with that--complained about being unable to find
VTABLE_shift_number and VTABLE_push_number, so I undid that.

By the way, I never realized how patient you gcc guys were with the
computed-goto core--VC++ doesn't support it, so I didn't know that it
took so long to compile.

--
Brent "Dax" Royal-Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Perl and Parrot hacker

Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.

[I *will* learn to use Thunderbird correctly one of these days!]