Leopold Toetsch wrote:
Brent "Dax" Royal-Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I also tried to add freeze and thaw to PerlNum (as long as I was
screwing around in that bit of the code), but the linker wasn't very
happy with that--complained about being unable to find
VTABLE_shift_number and VTABLE_push_number, so I undid that.

My fault. Mixed up shift_number vs shift_float. So the macros don't match. You could just rename in pmc_freeze.h:

Renaming did it. freeze/thaw for PerlNum checked in, with test.

The first time I ran tests after compiling, I got a failure in t/pmc/signals.t--it thought that no tests had run, and the harness eventually reported 12/6 subtests of signals.t failed. Immediately re-running make test came out fine; I added the new PerlNum test to freeze.t and ran it a third time, which also passed. I guess it was a fluke.

Yep. Albeit newer gcc versions seem to be faster.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]/~/parrot% gcc -v Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux/2.95.4/specs gcc version 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian prerelease)

So my compiler's almost as old as Parrot itself. Typical Debian. A project for the weekend, perhaps...

--
Brent "Dax" Royal-Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Perl and Parrot hacker

Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.