On Mar 12, 2004, at 7:14 AM, Dan Sugalski wrote:

At 12:25 PM +0000 3/12/04, Arthur Bergman wrote:
Hi,

Tracking down test failures in ponie I noticed some tests using SIGINT failing, they don't fail when I change the tests using SIGUSR1, making me think that parrot somehow hijacks SIGINT but not other signals.

Is this per design or is it something that should be fixed?

It'll ultimately be by design--parrot'll end up snagging all the signals. We need to put together some sort of scheme for it, though, since that's untenable in an embedding environment.

We shouldn't, I would think, be snagging any signals unless user code expresses an interest in the signal. The default disposition of every signal is either to be ignored, or to abruptly terminate the process, and we preserve that behavior if we just do nothing, unless someone does the parrot analog of registering a signal handler. That works equally well in embedded and non-embedded environments.

Jeff