On 15 Mar 2004, at 17:25, Jeff Clites wrote:

We shouldn't, I would think, be snagging any signals unless user code expresses an interest in the signal. The default disposition of every signal is either to be ignored, or to abruptly terminate the process, and we preserve that behavior if we just do nothing, unless someone does the parrot analog of registering a signal handler. That works equally well in embedded and non-embedded environments.

Jeff

No it doesn't, because an embedding environment might not want to let parrot deal with signals, ever, and it might feel to restrict when it sends them off. Signals are an environment issue and thus should be controlled from the host app.

Arthur