On 24/06/2004, at 6:31 PM, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

i still have my stillborn bignum (using bcd registers and efficient
algorithms) implementation if anyone wants to pick it up. i have some
working base code and the overall design.

The major problem is: we need bignum now^Wtomorrow^WRSN. The Pie-thon benchmarks does use long (integer?) arithmetics: +, - *, //, % AFAIK.

Is there a big problem with using GMP for the purposes of the demo? And, what does Python use for arbitrary-precision integers? It only seems fair to be using the same library as Python, if you want a decent bignum speed comparison.

-- % Andre Pang : trust.in.love.to.save