On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Ph. Marek wrote:

> Please take my words as my understanding, ie. with no connection to
> mathmatics or number theory or whatever. I'll just say what I believe is
> practical.

<OT>
As a side note, being what one would probably call a mathematically
oriented person, it is very natural for me, dealing with programming
languages to notice the mathematical aspects of them.

To be more precise, and without delving into the details of the actual
nature of mathematical objects and related phylosophical ideas, for me
(and not only for me)  mathematics is *also* a language, just as natural
as many so-called "natural languages".

Also, mathematics, as a language indeed is one that aims at obtaining the
most possible expressiveness with the least possible verbose expense. In
this sense it should be very interesting from the perspective of Perl...

This is why *for example* I was so interested in the discussion about
"outer products" (but then I wouldn't call them so!)

Hope not to have contributed negatively to the noise/signal ratio on
list...
</OT>

Michele
--
>> try sleeping on it, that usually works.
> I think you're right. Usually it works every time. ;-)
I don't know about that.
I tried sleeping on a big big problem and we're now divorsed.
- "Tralfaz" on sci.math, "Re: About a big big problem" (edited)