On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 05:25:38PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 04:28:08PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I ran CPANTS today, you can view results here:
>
> Oooh. Nice

Agreed.  I think it is a great start.  Thanks very much for your work.

> > Max Kwalitee is 10, which is reached by 99 dists.
>
> Will it go up to eleven soon? :-)

At the moment the focus seems very much on packaging.  That's fine, but
it does mean that "correctly" packaged junk looks pretty good.  In time,
some more metrics would be good.  Some suggestions:

 - How do the CPAN testers reports look?
 - What does cpanratings think?
 - Some analysis of the RT action.
 - Number of releases, perhaps in relation to the size of the code.
   More releases expected for larger code.
 - Static analysis.
 - Test coverage.

Some of those will be a lot harder than others, and the metrics will
obviously need to be weighted, but I just wanted to throw out a few
thoughts from the safety of the peanut gallery.

--
Paul Johnson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.pjcj.net