On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 08:05:06PM +0300, Gabor Szabo wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Jul 2004, Thomas Klausner wrote:
>
> > > What about adding (optional) coverage reports to the reports
> > > the CPAN testers send in ?
> >
> > That might be a good idea. But AFAIK, coverage reports can vary greatly on
> > different platforms/Perls/installed modules
>
> IMHO this is exactly the reason it can be interesting to receive it from
> several sources. Then CPANTS could display some statistical number about
> the reports.

Or better still, merge the reports.  Any module which has platform
specific code, or which can take different paths depending on factors
not determined by the module itself, needs to merge reports from all
those platforms in order to obtain a true coverage picture.

I've had a plan for a while now of some central server where people will
be able to upload coverage databases which will then get merged and
reports produced.  I'm slowly making the changes to Devel::Cover to
allow that.

When such a system is in place, it could be queried in order to provide
some input towards the kwalitee.

--
Paul Johnson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.pjcj.net