At 2:08 PM -0400 8/24/04, Matt Fowles wrote:
 > >From: Dan Sugalski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 > >10) The destination PMC is responsible for final conversion of the
 >inbound value

I know there has been a lot of grumbling in the past about the need to create PMCs to be the LHS of operations. I don't have a real suggestion here, but I just wanted to draw attention to this recurring theme, since now would be a good time to deal with it.

I thought we had. Languages provide the destination PMC. A handy default is a PMC of class Undef. On assignment, Undef turns itself into a pmc of class:

  set_integer: Integer
  set_string : String
  set_number : Float
  set_bignum : BigNum
  set_pmc    : Whatever type the source PMC is
--
                                Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk