On 14 Dec 2004, at 11:26, Clayton, Nik wrote:

http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?UncleBobOnCodingStandards

On coding standards:

I'd add an additional:

  * Make sure your tools enforce them, and make complying with them
    as simple as possible.

To be honest, I don't care if someone's house style is for TAB to indent
2, 4, or 8 characters; how much second level indentations are indented by;
whether or not braces cuddle 'else'; and so on.

That's something the editor can care about.  When I hit the TAB key it
should just do whatever the house style requires.

But what about when I'm using notepad.exe???