On 1/18/06, chromatic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 January 2006 19:11, Rob Kinyon wrote:
>
> > As for how that will be handled, I would think that it would be as follows:
> >     - in Perl6, objects created in another language will be treated as
> > p6opaque (unless some other unbox is a more suitable $repr).
>
> ... and I specify this exactly how?

I was intending for that to mean that Parrot might indicate that the
representation in Perl6 for a Perl5 object could be p6hash instead of
p6opaque, but that might be a little too clever.

I was thinking, actually for interoperability with something like C++
where your classes are laid-out-in-memory structs (which is the best
reason I've heard for having alternate $repr). There certainly is no
good reason within Perl6 itself to muddy up the waters like that.

You really want to read
http://svn.openfoundry.org/pugs/docs/notes/piln_object_repr_types.pod

Rob