Hi Conrad,

I run the grant committee for the Perl Foundation and I sit on the steering
committee, so I suppose I can discuss your proposal (there are some other TPF
folk here, too, so that's why this is a public email).  Also, the following
stuff is just off the top of my head and is in no way official.

For TPF to handle something like this, we'd have to have some agreement on what
the specs are, who would judge whether or not a Wiki met the specs and what to
do if there were timing concerns (if we get one Wiki before another even the
the later one was sent first, who wins?)  Also, though I hate to be a
spoilsport and bring this up, I'm really not sure what legal issues might be
involved with running a contest, either.  Would that be considered a form of
gambling and possibly be illegal?  I don't think so, but I'm not sure.

In any event, if you can come up with a solid set of contest rules, TPF can
consider whether or not we can officially run the contest.  It sounds like a
nice idea, I just don't know what's involved.

Cheers,
Ovid

-- If this message is a response to a question on a mailing list, please send
follow up questions to the list.

Web Programming with Perl -- http://users.easystreet.com/ovid/cgi_course/