The note below is in reply to these preceding posters:

> From: Ovid [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[...]
> From: Ask Bjørn Hansen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[...]
> From: Fagyal Csongor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[...]
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[...]

Thanks for the thought-provoking comments and suggestions.

My conclusion from reading them is that in the mutual interests of
{laziness, impatience, and hubris}, a grant seems like a better way to
proceed.

I'll have to give some more thought to the specifications and review
the earlier suggestions--although I'd prefer to delegate that to
@Larry (or some subset thereof), although perhaps @perl6-users could
do well enough.

Here are my current thoughts for getting the best net ROI on this
proposed "extreme leverage wikicosm" grant:

1) This is a Perl 6 pilot project with the aim of producing a working
wiki prototype that others can then subsequently hack on,
incorporating relevant new Perl 6 features as they come on line.
(Later, this wiki can be repeatedly refactored and eventually improved
beyond recognition.)

2) This wiki should make "substantial" use of Perl 6. (However, using
some p5 modules initially is OK--after all, Perl 6 is about the
enormous power of ingeniously practical "hybrid vigor".)

3) To aim is to get the first "adequately" working version of this
wiki as soon as "reasonably" possible. (IOW, provide a *minimalist*
but practically usable feature set that doesn't require
not-yet-implemented Perl 6 features.)

4) This wiki software is being primarily developed to initiate the
{primary, principal} "Perl 6 Wikicosm", not to compete with other wiki
implementations. (That comes much later.) This system will eventually
provide a Perl 6 community test bed for many intriguing "extended
wiki" projects. (Some simple-minded examples that might multiply
participation in Perl 6 documentation and testing: putting a "wiki
face" on Perl docs in the svn tree, and providing a "wiki interface"
to update them. Likewise for code examples and build tests. These
might eventually need moderator and limited-scope commit-bit
mechanisms.)

Best regards,
Conrad Schneiker

http://perl.net.au/wiki/Perl_6_Users_FAQ (Moved from AthenaLab to Perl