On Thu, 13 Sep 2007, Paul Cochrane wrote:

> On 12/09/2007, Andy Dougherty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > resending
> > > brief,
> > > '--help',

> > > does it
> > >
> > > Applied the patch with some modifications so that it runs correctly on
> > > Windows in r21212.  Tested on Linux x86, Windows and Cygwin.
> >
> > But did you actually address any of my objections?  For example, do you
> > now pay attention to exit codes?  Do cc_build and cc_run now have exit
> > codes?
>
> The short answer here is: no.  However attention to exit codes, and
> exit codes from cc_build and cc_run are separate issues, aren't they?

> A better thing to find out here is if parrot builds for you on your
> platform.  Does the current revision work for you?  Then we can close
> this ticket, and I'll open new tickets concerning exit codes from
> cc_build and cc_run etc.

I'm afraid I can't test it today (the system is unavailable) but I can
tell by just looking that even if cc_build fails, this will ignore the
failure and just keep churning along, so you won't get the "graceful 'no
compiler' message".

I guess I don't see the point of opening a new ticket to rehash the issues
of the old, and I don't see the point of closing this ticket until it
actually addresses the issues raised.  (If cc_build and cc_run do get
meaningful exit codes, inter::progs needs to be revisited anyway to
actually use those codes.)  But I also don't really care enough to argue
about it either.  Do whatever you think appropriate.

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]