On 8 Dec 2007, at 13:42, Allison Randal wrote:
Are you sure you've got the very latest version of all files on this box ('make realclean', etc)?

Yup. I've just done make realclean && make && make test again and this time it hung at

t/pmc/parrotlibrary............................1/1

(time passes)

Another run flies past t/pmc/parrotlibrary.t and hangs at

A few revisions ago the scheduler runloop was using a detached POSIX thread (like the old event system), and occasionally had these hangs. It's now using a joined POSIX thread, which resolves that problem on Mac OS 10.4.x and Ubuntu.

Also, try commenting out the 'Parrot_cx...' lines in src/ inter_create.c and recompiling, to make sure the other failures aren't completely unrelated to the new scheduler runloop.

With those lines commented out the tests all run with just a couple of failures.

(Note to self to pick up a copy of 10.5.)

Please let me know if there's anything you'd like me to investigate. I'm afraid I don't know my way around parrot, er, at all - but I'm willing to learn.

In happier news it's snowing here and repeatedly running the parrot test suite is warming my knees up nicely :)

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten