Andy Armstrong wrote:

Again, let me know if you need more.

Could you give it another go with the latest revision? (You'll need to uncomment the 'Parrot_cx...' lines in src/inter_create.c again, as I commented them out in trunk while working on the hangs.)

I've eliminated the hangs on my dual-core Mac OS 10.4.11 box, and on my quad-core Ubuntu box, with a strategically placed lock. (The hangs only occurred on multi-processor machines, which was one clue to the solution.)

I now get one (apparently GC-related) failure in t/pmc/resizablestringarray.t with the runloop enabled that I don't get with the runloop disabled, only on the Ubuntu quad-core.

So, I'm interested to see what your 10.5 box does.

Allison