On 8 Dec 2007, at 14:18, Andy Armstrong wrote:
Please let me know if there's anything you'd like me to investigate. I'm afraid I don't know my way around parrot, er, at all - but I'm willing to learn.

Ah, Mac OS 10.5 has dtrace - which I hadn't tried before but turns out to be rather cool. Anyway, attaching to parrot once it's hung suggests that it's deadlocked (I'd pretty much inferred that from the fact that it's CPU load goes to zero and I'm sure you knew that anyway).

I have six threads - all waiting in __semwait_signal apart from one whose call stack looks like

thread_start -> _pthread_start -> select$DARWIN_EXTSN

If that kind of information helps at all I can try to work out a little more of what dtrace is actually doing.

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten