On Monday 09 June 2008 05:17:19 James Keenan via RT wrote:

> (We use File::Temp extensively in the testing, but I can't recall a
> situation where I absolutely had to 'chmod' a tempfile.  This may just
> be an artifact of the previous way of doing things.)

I agree; it seems unlikely that File::Temp can create the file that it can't
read and write.  Setting global read and write permissions is very curious --
expecting that temp file to persist long enough for some other process to
drop permissions and try to read it is just asking for race conditions and
portability problems.

+1 to remove the chmod altogether.

-- c