On Mon Jun 09 05:00:17 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Determining whether perldoc is installed...
> step auto::perldoc died during execution: The fchmod function is
> unimplemented at config/auto/perldoc.pm line 42.
>
> On Windows, the Perl function 'chmod' works with filename (use POSIX
> chmod) but not the file handle (use POSIX fchmod).
>
> François.

François:  What happens if you take the 'chmod' out completely?  Does
the test complete?

(We use File::Temp extensively in the testing, but I can't recall a
situation where I absolutely had to 'chmod' a tempfile.  This may just
be an artifact of the previous way of doing things.)

Thank you very much.
kid51