Will Coleda wrote:
Being allowed to poke inside your caller's register set seems... evil?
It's the Parrot equivalent of the .Net CLR allowing you to take references to stuff in caller's stack frames.

Can you provide a working PIR example that shows this functionality?

It was implemented in conjunction with a PMC that actually held the reference (see managedpointer.pmc and also src/translation.rules below the comment "## MANAGED POINTERS" which shows you what code was generated). I'm not sure that languages/dotnet/ builds right now, and I don't really have tuits to look at this at the moment, though I certainly want to bring it up to date when I do get chance.

Thanks,

Jonathan