On Thu, 28 Aug 2008, Reini Urban wrote:

> Will Coleda schrieb:
> > On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Reini Urban <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > We could thing of symlinking it to runtime/parrot/library
> > > at make languages, so language_interop can be tested.
> >
> > Are symlinks usable wherever we might install?
>
> True, there's no perl -MExtUtils::Command -e ln_s
> But we have LN_S          = @lns@

But that's not necessarily a symbolic link.  It was originally intended
only for use with files, not directories.  If symlinks aren't available on
Unix, it falls back to a plain 'ln'.  On Win32 versions of perl, lns is
usually defined as 'copy'.

So the short answer is that, at the moment, without additional
Configure.pl work, you can't assume $Config{lns} can be used to make
symbolic links for directories.

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]