Daniel Ruoso wrote:
> But the semantics of sets are still somewhat blurry... there are some
> possibilities:
>
>  1) Sets are in the same level as junctions, but have no collapsing and
>     allow you to get its values. The problem is if it autothreads on
>     method calls or not... It also makes $a > $b confuse...
>
>  2) Set ~~ Any, and all the inteligence is made implementing multis,
>     it has the disadvantage that new operators will need to have
>     explicit implementations in order to get Set DWIMmery...
>
> I have been unsure about that, but lately I'm mostly thinking option 2
> is the sanest, which means we only get as much DWIMmery as explicitly
> implemented (which may or may not be a good idea).

My understanding is that Set operates on the same level as Hash and
List - indeed, a Set could be thought of as a Hash that only cares
about the keys but not the values, and has a few additional methods
(i.e., the set operations).

That is, a junction is an item with an indeterminate value; but a Set
is a collection of values in the same way that a hash is.  And the
proper sigil for a Set is %, not $.

--
Jonathan "Dataweaver" Lang