# New Ticket Created by  Karthik BP
# Please include the string:  [perl #73796]

Hi,
When I follow the instructions to build the p6 compiler the make runs
forever.
$ make
rakudo/parrot_install/bin/parrot  src/gen/perl6.pbc --target=pir \
    src/gen/core.pm > src/gen/core.pir
This command never ends. It runs for 48 hours or more and then my laptop
overheats and shuts down.
I'm trying to build rel#27 on Ubuntu, with gcc4.4.1, libicu4.0.1 on my
laptop having 512MB ram+750MB swap. The build seems to encounter a lot of
memory thrashing.
Please let me know what is missing. This problem of thrashing seems to have
started since rel#25.
--
Karthik