On Thu, 2011-06-01 at 14:53 +0100, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> I would be very interested to see something that allowed Rakudo to
> talk to Fortran 95.
>
> I am going to use Fortran 95 for my thesis work, and maybe I could
> write a module to give Rakudo a basic array language. Nothing fancy

Is there anything like this for perl5 ?

In 2001/2 or so someone asked me to convert their perl implementation of
a published algorithm to C.  Took two hours to do the prototype from the
journal article and the run-time went from 24 hours to 5 minutes.

The algorithm was the ruelle-takens algorithm (ca 1979, iirc) to compute
the fractal dimension of a series.  Application was bioinformatics and
the journal was a political science one.  Very weird mix.

Never had a chance to get back to it but I was thinking that an array
module for perl5 would be useful.  I probably still have the code
stashed somewhere.

--
--gh