On Fri, 25 Aug 2000 12:19:24 -0400, Dan Sugalski wrote:

>Code you don't call won't eat up any cache space, nor crowd
>out some other code. And if you do call it, well, it ought to be in the cache.

Probably a stupid question... But can't you group the code for the most
often used constructs? So that, if one of those things is loaded in the
cache, the others are in there with it?

If all the less needed stuff is more at the back of the executable, it
wouldn't even have to be loaded, most of the time.

Besides, I'm more worried about unnecessarily loading 600k from disk,
than from main memory to cache. For short-lived scripts, this loading
overhead could be quite significant.

--
        Bart.