In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Uri Guttman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> now what bothers me is that all those calls are in section 3 and are no
> section 2 system calls. maybe it is faked with threads but i haven't
> found any support for that notion. if so, i wonder if we can actually
> use it and not collide with perl threads?

I can't see any reference to threads in the Solaris manual pages
either. Certainly Unixware does:

       aio_read(3aio)                                        aio_read(3aio)

       NAME
             aio_read - asynchronous read

       SYNOPSIS
             cc [options] -D_REENTRANT file -lthread
             #include <aio.h>
             int aio_read(struct aiocb *aiocbp);

I thought that using threads was the standard SVR4 implementation
but maybe Solaris has moved away from that.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.compton.nu