"chromatic" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 17:27 -0700, Will Coleda wrote:

Minor nit: when running Configure.pl with --nomanicheck, Configure
should report the MANIFEST check as "skipped", not "done".

particle beat me to this one, but *wow* the plugin system for
configuration is grotty.  Does anyone have a particular attachment to
it?  Would it be useful to clean it up a little bit, or does it need
patching or updating very often?

If people have free time to spend on configure stuff, might it not be better spent working on the real configure system that we want to have (e.g. a set of makefiles for each platform to build miniparrot, then configure is a Parrot program run by miniparrot that figures stuff out that we need to build the full Parrot)?

Just a thought,

Jonathan